Did you know that the ISO 45001 standard is set to be published in March 2018? This means we are one step closer to an international Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) Standard.
The international ISO 45001 Standard has been developed to minimize potential injuries and illnesses in workplaces globally. This new standard will eventually replace the OHSAS 18001 standard, with the transition occurring over the next few years.
Both ISO 45001 and OHSAS 18001 exist to help organizations plan, develop and implement workplace health and safety management systems that have senior leadership commitment and are focused on risk identification and control. The intended outcome of these systems is to improve worker safety, reduce occupational risks, and integrate occupational safety and health with other business planning processes.
Gensuite recently released a white paper covering this topic. In this white paper, you can expect the following contents:
- Q&A: OHSAS 18001 and ISO 45001
- How to Get Started: Steps to Implementation and Certification
- Benefits of ISO 45001
- Comparison of OHSAS 18001 to ISO 45001
- Integrated Health and Safety Software Applications
- Case Study: Proven Risk and Compliance Management Solutions for Following ISO Standards
Click here, to download the OHSAS 18001 to ISO 45001: Making the Switch White Paper.