Over the past few decades we’ve seen the aviation industry take off and grow at an impressive rate. While this growth is positive for business, it also creates challenges for infrastructure. Aviation companies can work toward improving environmental compliance and sustainability in the air by correcting common accidents with the proper solutions. How can the aviation industry maintain compliance with solutions such as audit management software? Let’s begin by looking at some common industry challenges.
What are common accidents in the aviation industry?
- Flawed Assumptions: According to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), assumptions are essential elements of safety determination for design, operation and maintenance of airplanes. Accidents occur if the part or operator does not perform as expected.
- Human Error: Human error is the most common of all accidents; however, it also shows the greatest opportunity for safety improvements. If a worker is trained properly and does the job correctly, then a safe outcome is more likely to occur.
- Organizational Lapses: Organizational lapses occur when an institutional process, procedure or requirement prevents an accident precursor from being recognized or safety intervention from being initiated. It is common for there to be gaps in the communication process to relay safety information.
- Pre-existing Failures: According to the FAA, this common accident is a failure condition on a single airplane or a fleet of airplanes, either as a hidden condition or an active fault. The failure condition itself may not be a hazard, but can create accidents when combined with additional failures or malfunctions.
- Unintended Effects: Sometimes initiatives with good intentions can result in undesirable outcomes.
How Gensuite can keep you on track:
To prevent these common accidents, airlines must provide safety devices, safeguards, work practices and processes to make the workplace safe for workers. Gensuite can help airlines establish a safe aviation environment to prevent future accidents.
Gensuite offers comprehensive EHS&S software solutions to help aviation companies manage their fleets in the air and on the ground. With our Audit & Compliance Assurance software, Gensuite enables safe travels for aviation companies around the world.
Gensuite Audit Management Software makes audits and corrective actions easy by simplifying regulatory compliance audits, inspections and follow-up processes. Our digital and collaborative approach can help you meet certification and program requirements through a suite of auditing, inspection and corrective action tracking tools with integrated trend charting insights.
Aviation companies can also tackle these challenges head-on with Gensuite’s comprehensive suite of applications:
Compliance Calendar: With Gensuite’s Compliance Calendar users can schedule periodic/recurring tasks and obligations, assign responsibility with email notifications and intelligent escalations, and track and report status.
Reg Tracker: Gensuite’s Reg Tracker enables users to monitor and track new and updated regulations by country/jurisdiction with customizable, subscription-based user notification emails and dashboards.
Action Tracking System: Gensuite’s Action Tracking System manages corrective action plans, responsibility assignment, notifications and escalations with real-time status, closure tracking, trending and data mining. To be successful, it is crucial to have a system in place that cam identify where the weak points in safety/compliance programs are and take corrective action.
Aviation is a tough and competitive business. To be successful, companies need to consider the safety of their workers and passengers, passenger experience, environmental impacts, sustainability and regulations. Are you ready to take the next step for a safer aviation environment? Request a free trial and to see how Gensuite solutions can help you.