Conflict Minerals are natural resources that perpetuate violence and conflict. Tin, tungsten, tantalum and gold are the most common conflict minerals and are mined in areas such as the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), leading to dangerous attacks and corruption in the region. To reduce conflict in such areas, there are regulations in place that require companies to disclose conflict mineral use.
If your company’s products contain conflict minerals, it is your responsibility to establish and maintain supply chain due diligence to provide business transparency, comply with regulations and to help eliminate hostility in high-risk regions. As a CFSI member, Gensuite offers an all-inclusive conflict minerals software solution. Gensuite’s Responsible Sourcing & Product Stewardship program suites provide holistic management and service capabilities for Supplier Risk & Auditing and Compliance & Stewardship.
- Streamline Supplier Engagement and Reporting via Gensuite’s web-based Supplier Portal
- Automate issue alerting and performance communication via built-in business intelligence and dashboards
- Respond quickly to customer requests with automated, roll-up reporting across company divisions and suppliers
- Automate Conflict Minerals Reporting Template (CMRT) to streamline responses to customer requests
- Coordinate cross-functional team activities (Sourcing/Procurement, Engineering, EHS, etc.)
- Easily scale existing programs to address emerging global regulations and requirements (e.g. EU)
- Integrate Gensuite with business IT systems (e.g., ERP, PLM) for automatic sharing of suppliers, BoMs, parts, and compliance information
- Extend business program management capability via turnkey, integrated Gensuite program support service
- Customer functional team integration for supplier campaign and program progress reporting and issue escalation
- Supplier engagement and Conflict Minerals Reporting Template (CMRT) for collection, follow-up, and due diligence